Dear Clients and Friends,
At SSB, our primary concern is the well-being of our employees and clients. As we monitor the developments involving COVID-19, we are taking measures to ensure that we reduce the risk of spreading the virus in our workplace while also making sure our communication with you continues in an efficient manner.
We are closing our office to the public on March 17, 2020, until further notice.
SSB is equipped with technology that allows us to effectively work remotely, which some of our team members are currently doing. We expect this to increase as the situation evolves. We have remote access to our voicemail and e-mail so we can and will remain connected. We will promptly return calls to ensure efficient communication. We appreciate your understanding of our need to change the way we work as our office responds to the ongoing crisis.
HOW THIS IMPACTS YOU
We will remain available to address your concerns, assist you with your financial needs and continue to work diligently towards the upcoming tax filing deadlines. Face-to-face meetings in our office are suspended; however, we are available for phone or virtual meetings and can review your information with you remotely.
How to get information to us:
- Clients are encouraged to provide information to us electronically via our secure client portal if possible. If you are not currently using our client portal, a team member will be happy to provide access instructions. A link to our portal is available on our website at: https://www.ssb-cpa.com.
- Our office doors will be unlocked to allow clients to drop off information in a drop-box located in our foyer.
- Mail your information to us.
How to receive your tax return:
- Electronic option—our secure client portal
- We recommend that you take advantage of the option to receive e-delivery of your tax return and e-sign your Form 8879, Electronic Filing Authorization, this year via our client portal.
- We will mail it to you if it’s not too close to the due date.
Returning your Form 8879 for electronic filing:
We are required to have your signed Form 8879 as authorization to file your tax return electronically. You can return your signed 8879 to us via the following options:
- Upload your Form 8879 to our secure portal.
- Use electronic signature to e-sign your Form 8879.
- Fax your Form 8879 to us at 330.533.2050.
- Mail your Form 8879 no later than April 6, 2020.
Tax Deadlines—What we Know
At this point in time, we are closely monitoring federal and state deadline extensions. The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is lobbying the Treasury Department and IRS for taxpayer relief. As soon as details are released, we will share them with you.
Until we know for certain that the deadlines are extended, we will continue to work diligently to provide the services you expect.
We are in uncharted territory. We will continue to monitor and adjust these measures as necessary to remain responsible. Please check our website frequently for information and updates. We encourage you to contact your SSB advisor directly with any concerns regarding this announcement.